Hello everyone. As promised, I have a HD digital copy of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, and upon a brief overview, it has become apparent (as to be expected) that a few of my assumptions were correct, and a few were WAY off. That’s a good thing however, because discovery is the reason why i do these things!
Before launching into the nitty-gritty, this post is going to serve as a screen grab identification of each scene Tauriel appears in, allowing for the remaining posts in this series to be complete references of her timeline in the film.
- Spider Battle – (32:35-33:40) – self-explanatory
- Jailing – (35:20-36:00) – placing hobbits in their cells
- Audience with the King – (39:50-41:18) – discussion with Legolas’ dad
- Starlight – (41:25-44:20) – scene/monologue with Kili
- Escape – (47:20-47:50) – discovery of the hobbits basement escape
- Chase – (50:23-55:02) – battle with orcs on the river
- Interrogation – (1:02:14-1:03:37) – “I will GIVE IT TO YOU!” scene
- Rocks – (1:19:12-1:20:45) – conversation with Legolas
- Lake Town – (2:05:44-2:08:00) – all pre-healing scenes in Lake town
- Healing – (2:09:42-2:13:55) – the ‘healing’ scenes